September 9, 2018
The inaugural GFNY Portugal will be held on September 9, 2018 in the famous coastal resort town of Cascais.
Cascais is situated 30km from the capital of Portugal, Lisbon. Once an important seaside resort of kings and queens, it’s nowadays famous as the Portuguese Riviera, with beautiful beaches, great cuisine, cosmopolitan character and a glamorous marina. Cascais is also arguably the best cycling destination in Portugal.
Why visit Cascais for the 1st GFNY PORTUGAL?
- Cascais offers a unique blend of culture and sophisticated, urban lifestyle.
- Stunning, postcard-worthy landscapes in Cascais and along the GFNY Portugal race course.
- Great options for pre- and post-race cycling for a fun cycling-sightseeing vacation.
- Chances are for fantastic weather during your trip to GFNY Portugal because Cascais offers year-round moderate, pleasant climate with 300+ days of sunshine per year.
- Superb cuisine and spectacular wines- delight yourself in the restaurants of Cascais.
- Easy access from Lisbon by highway, scenic coastal road and inexpensive, frequent commuter trains.
Cascais is a destination that you cannot miss and will surely want to return to, for another GFNY PORTUGAL.
Humberto Delgado Airport (Lisbon Airport) is 40 min. from Cascais and can be reached from many European and global destinations.
Find out more soon here.
At GFNY Portugal, the top 10% of riders in all age groups qualify for a front corral start at the Campagnolo GFNY World Championship in NYC on May 19, 2019.