The GFNY group rides are free for and open to all registered participants. The groups are led by Gruppo Sportivo GFNY. Please be aware that these are a non supported rides. Bring all the food/drink/spare tubes/some cash/credit cards etc. that you may need. Wear a helmet, obey all traffic laws and follow the instructions of the ride leaders. Ride single file. YOU ARE RIDING AT YOUR OWN RISK AT ALL TIMES.
The Official GFNY Group Rides OPEN ONLY TO REGISTERED RIDERS start December 3, 2017.
WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO
- Register for Campagnolo GFNY World Championship NYC at www.gfny.eventbrite.com if you haven’t yet.
- Register for the ride Thursdays or Fridays on gfnygroupride.eventbrite.com (form below).
- Download, print and sign the waiver: gfny.com/waiver2018.pdf
- Bring the waiver to your first group ride and hand it to Jared. You will receive a keychain in return that you have to bring to every following ride.
- Routes will be posted Saturdays here
Where and when we meet
We meet at Strictly Bicycles 2347 Hudson Terrace, Fort Lee, NJ 07024 – (201) 944-7074.
Meeting time is 8.45am, groups leave at 9am.
Please note that parking is restricted along Hudson Terrace. Use public lots in Fort Lee.
Where we ride
The group rides are social rides, not races. The main goal is to get out and on the bike together. This is especially true in winter where we keep the rides short and grab a coffee at half way. Routes are posted Saturday’s here.
HOW FAST WE RIDE
There will be three pace groups.
Group A rides about 18mph on average.
Group B rides about 16mph on average.
Group C rides about 12-14mph on average.
Where we virtually meet
Our virtual hang-out is the GFNY Facebook group. Join us!
Please contact Jared at firstname.lastname@example.org.